Note: Before you post for the first time please read the rules.

Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Marty

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 897
Reply with quote  #1 
Racism and bigotry has plagued our history, it is part of our heritage which should bring shame to all. Many would like to think that we have out grown that dark side of our nature, however the hatred displayed towards our first African-American President would say otherwise. The Tea Parties are full of such racism and uses it to motivate hatred of our President. This video exposes that racism. The people of the Tea Party gets angry when their racism is exposed, when they should be angry that there is any racism to be exposed. So I propose that instead of getting defensive, lets talk about racism in America.

[video]


Transcript at http://www.christianity-and-the-confusion.com/the-tea-party-and-racism/
The_Night_Owl

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 299
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty
Racism and bigotry has plagued our history, it is part of our heritage which should bring shame to all. Many would like to think that we have out grown that dark side of our nature, however the hatred displayed towards our first African-American President would say otherwise. The Tea Parties are full of such racism and uses it to motivate hatred of our President. This video exposes that racism. The people of the Tea Party gets angry when their racism is exposed, when they should be angry that there is any racism to be exposed. So I propose that instead of getting defensive, lets talk about racism in America.

[video]


Transcript at http://www.christianity-and-the-confusion.com/the-tea-party-and-racism/


That video was right on the money!  I can't tell you how many times that I have run into one of these loud mouth racist.  They can't get anything right about the President.  I bet their heads want to explode just at the thought that a Black man in President.  One thing I've notice is that they are such loud mouths are usually try to cover for the fact that they are alone.  They want to sound like there are more of them, but when all that they can get is fifty people for a rally, while liberals turn out in the millions to support things like affordable health care.
Jessica Austrum

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 964
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl


That video was right on the money!  I can't tell you how many times that I have run into one of these loud mouth racist.  They can't get anything right about the President.  I bet their heads want to explode just at the thought that a Black man in President.  One thing I've notice is that they are such loud mouths are usually try to cover for the fact that they are alone.  They want to sound like there are more of them, but when all that they can get is fifty people for a rally, while liberals turn out in the millions to support things like affordable health care.


You are so right! I can't get any of my conservative relatives to give me a good reason for not liking President Obama.  Everything that they say is a lie, I don't want to think that they are all racists, but what else could be behind it.  Maybe it's all the lies coming from the Conservative media.  I mean, Fox is 24/7 bash Obama.  You can't watch or listen to that crap and keep your sanity!
May

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 150
Reply with quote  #4 
What about those liberals with signs of President Bush as a monkey, was that racism?
__________________
[image]
Frankie B

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,096
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by May
What about those liberals with signs of President Bush as a monkey, was that racism?


Are you for real?  No one has portrayed Bush as a monkey because of his race, it was because he was an AWOL moron!  Calling Black person a monkey or make a picture of a Black person as a monkey is racism because they were called monkeys to demean them as less than human.  I don't know of anyone doing that to a White person, even a cowardly moron like Bush!
CB3

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 292
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by May
What about those liberals with signs of President Bush as a monkey, was that racism?

O my God, how can you say that after watching that whole video?
Jack

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 568
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie_B
Quote:
Originally Posted by May
What about those liberals with signs of President Bush as a monkey, was that racism?


Are you for real?  No one has portrayed Bush as a monkey because of his race, it was because he was an AWOL moron!  Calling Black person a monkey or make a picture of a Black person as a monkey is racism because they were called monkeys to demean them as less than human.  I don't know of anyone doing that to a White person, even a cowardly moron like Bush!

That's so typical of liberals, you people whine that we aren't being PC enough with Obama while you trash President Bush. I wish that he was still in office.
Frankie B

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,096
Reply with quote  #8 
I have been posting about the overwhelming racism on the right which seems to put Tea Partiers into a mental meltdown. Part of the problem is that the right has tried to narrowly redefine racism as hating another race with such a passion that the hater would like a mass genocide. However, racism is far more encompassing, it can be as simple as denying the racism displayed at these Tea Parties. What we have to remember is that African-Americans see racism through eyes of four hundred years of slavery and over a hundred years of Apartheid. What those of us who have enjoyed White privilege need to do is to try to imagine the world through those eyes. There are those politicians on the right who are very good at using the racial dog whistles to stir up these racist feelings, but because they don't come right out and say the N word, some dishonestly try to claim that it wasn't racist. Below are some of the racist quotes from Conservatives.

Lee Atwater: "You start out in 1954 by saying, 'N__, n__, n__.' By 1968 you can't say 'n___' -- that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states' rights, and all that stuff, and you're getting so abstract. Now, you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites... 'We want to cut this,' is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than 'N___, n___.'"

Ann Coulter Says, “Our Blacks Are Better Than Their’s” As if the Right owned it's Blacks.

Pat Buchanan Says, “Blacks Bought A Lot Of Propaganda On The Liberal Plantation.”

NYPD Officers Call “[West Indian Carnival Goers Are] Savages, Animals,” And Says, “[Someone Should] Drop A Bomb And Wipe Them All Out.”

High School Coach - Derek Howard, Calls Black Player a “Future Welfare Recipient”

Teacher - Jennifer O’Brien Calls Black First Graders “Future Criminals”

Rush Limbaugh Calls Obama “Oreo Cookie”

Republican congressman Doug Lamborn of Colorado said that working with President Obama on the debt ceiling was like “touching a tar baby.”

Rush Limbaugh Accuses Michelle Obama Of “Uppityism”

Soccer Star John Terry Calls Player “Black N-Word”

Sally Kern, a Republican state senator from Oklahoma, said that the reason African-American males are in prison is because they don’t want to study in school.

Jason Rapert, Arkansas Republican State Senator said, “I hear you loud and clear, Barack Obama. You don’t represent the country that I grew up with. And your values is [sic] not going to save us. We’re going to take this country back for the Lord. We’re going to try to take this country back for conservatism. And we’re not going to allow minorities to run roughshod over what you people believe in!”

Colin Powell, “There’s also a dark — a dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the party. What do I mean by that? I mean by that that they still sort of look down on minorities. How can I evidence that?

When I see a former governor say that the President is “shuckin’ and jivin’,” that’s racial era slave term. When I see another former governor after the president’s first debate where he didn’t do very well, says that the president was lazy. He didn’t say he was slow. He was tired. He didn’t do well. He said he was lazy. Now, it may not mean anything to most Americans, but to those of us who are African Americans, the second word is shiftless and then there’s a third word that goes along with that. The birther, the whole birther movement. Why do senior Republican leaders tolerate this kind of discussion within the party?”

John Sununu, suggested that Colin Powell’s endorsement of President Obama was racially motivated because they shared the same skin color:

“When you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to look at whether that’s an endorsement based on issues or he’s got a slightly different reason for endorsing President Obama…I think when you have somebody of your own race that you’re proud of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him.”

Loy Mauch, Republican member of the Arkansas House, “… If slavery were so God-awful, why didn’t Jesus or Paul condemn it, why was it in the Constitution and why wasn’t there a war before 1861? The South has always stood by the Constitution and limited government. When one attacks the Confederate Battle Flag, he is certainly denouncing these principles of government as well as Christianity.”

Jon Hubbard, also an Arkansas Republican, “… the institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth.”

An attendee at the Republican National Convention threw nuts at a black camerawoman working for CNN while saying “this is how we feed animals.”

Wes Harris, founder and chairman of the Original North Phoenix Tea Party, “Have you ever read the Quran? I suggest you do so, because anyone that is a Muslim is a threat to this country, and that’s a fact. There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. If they are Muslim they have to follow the Quran. That’s their religion and that’s their doctrine.”

Senator Conrad Burns (Rep - Montana) related a tale about when an old rancher asked Burns how he could live in Washington with so many African-Americans. Burn's reply to that rancher, according to his own story? It's a "hell of a challenge", he replied. In a later incident, while speaking to the Montana Equipment Dealers Association, he decried the dependence of America on Mideast oil. Referring to the Arabs as "ragheads"

A recent study led by Professor Christopher Parker of the University of Washington Institute for the Study of Ethnicity, Race & Sexuality sheds a little more light on the subject. He surveyed people on racial questions and those who believe strongly in the Tea Party movement had significantly more racist attitudes.

*88% said other minorities overcame prejudice and worked their way up, and Blacks should do the same (compared to 70% of all whites).
*72% disagreed that generations of slavery and discrimination have created conditions that make it difficult for blacks to work their way out of the lower class (compared to 58% of all whites).
*83% disagreed that blacks have gotten less than they deserved over the last few years (compared with 72% of all whites).
*73% said if blacks would just try harder they could be just as well off as whites (compared to 56% of all whites).

The above numbers make it clear that although the movement is not 100% racist, it is mostly racist. Between 72% and 88% of the Tea Party hold racist views (that's at least three out of every four people).


http://www.politicalwire.com/archives/2 ... ategy.html
http://newsone.com/1755255/top-10-racis ... s-of-2011/
https://gopquotes.wordpress.com/category/racism/
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ama-again/
http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/ar ... lavery-too
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/059552 ... hdado0e-20
http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/err ... ed-animals
http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2012/07/ ... of-mccain/
http://anotherperspective.org/advoc268.html
http://www.salon.com/2010/05/03/race_and_the_tea_party/
http://jobsanger.blogspot.com/2010/05/t ... acism.html

I could have gone on endlessly, but this gives just the tip of the racist iceberg called the Tea Party . Now, no one is saying that racism is just found on the right, but it is embraced on the Right and used. As I and others have said, we need a honest discussion about race.
Jessica Austrum

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 964
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie_B
I have been posting about the overwhelming racism on the right which seems to put Tea Partiers into a mental meltdown. Part of the problem is that the right has tried to narrowly redefine racism as hating another race with such a passion that the hater would like a mass genocide. However, racism is far more encompassing, it can be as simple as denying the racism displayed at these Tea Parties. What we have to remember is that African-Americans see racism through eyes of four hundred years of slavery and over a hundred years of Apartheid. What those of us who have enjoyed White privilege need to do is to try to imagine the world through those eyes. There are those politicians on the right who are very good at using the racial dog whistles to stir up these racist feelings, but because they don't come right out and say the N word, some dishonestly try to claim that it wasn't racist. Below are some of the racist quotes from Conservatives.

Lee Atwater: "You start out in 1954 by saying, 'N__, n__, n__.' By 1968 you can't say 'n___' -- that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states' rights, and all that stuff, and you're getting so abstract. Now, you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites... 'We want to cut this,' is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than 'N___, n___.'"

Ann Coulter Says, “Our Blacks Are Better Than Their’s” As if the Right owned it's Blacks.

Pat Buchanan Says, “Blacks Bought A Lot Of Propaganda On The Liberal Plantation.”

NYPD Officers Call “[West Indian Carnival Goers Are] Savages, Animals,” And Says, “[Someone Should] Drop A Bomb And Wipe Them All Out.”

High School Coach - Derek Howard, Calls Black Player a “Future Welfare Recipient”

Teacher - Jennifer O’Brien Calls Black First Graders “Future Criminals”

Rush Limbaugh Calls Obama “Oreo Cookie”

Republican congressman Doug Lamborn of Colorado said that working with President Obama on the debt ceiling was like “touching a tar baby.”

Rush Limbaugh Accuses Michelle Obama Of “Uppityism”

Soccer Star John Terry Calls Player “Black N-Word”

Sally Kern, a Republican state senator from Oklahoma, said that the reason African-American males are in prison is because they don’t want to study in school.

Jason Rapert, Arkansas Republican State Senator said, “I hear you loud and clear, Barack Obama. You don’t represent the country that I grew up with. And your values is [sic] not going to save us. We’re going to take this country back for the Lord. We’re going to try to take this country back for conservatism. And we’re not going to allow minorities to run roughshod over what you people believe in!”

Colin Powell, “There’s also a dark — a dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the party. What do I mean by that? I mean by that that they still sort of look down on minorities. How can I evidence that?

When I see a former governor say that the President is “shuckin’ and jivin’,” that’s racial era slave term. When I see another former governor after the president’s first debate where he didn’t do very well, says that the president was lazy. He didn’t say he was slow. He was tired. He didn’t do well. He said he was lazy. Now, it may not mean anything to most Americans, but to those of us who are African Americans, the second word is shiftless and then there’s a third word that goes along with that. The birther, the whole birther movement. Why do senior Republican leaders tolerate this kind of discussion within the party?”

John Sununu, suggested that Colin Powell’s endorsement of President Obama was racially motivated because they shared the same skin color:

“When you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to look at whether that’s an endorsement based on issues or he’s got a slightly different reason for endorsing President Obama…I think when you have somebody of your own race that you’re proud of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him.”

Loy Mauch, Republican member of the Arkansas House, “… If slavery were so God-awful, why didn’t Jesus or Paul condemn it, why was it in the Constitution and why wasn’t there a war before 1861? The South has always stood by the Constitution and limited government. When one attacks the Confederate Battle Flag, he is certainly denouncing these principles of government as well as Christianity.”

Jon Hubbard, also an Arkansas Republican, “… the institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth.”

An attendee at the Republican National Convention threw nuts at a black camerawoman working for CNN while saying “this is how we feed animals.”

Wes Harris, founder and chairman of the Original North Phoenix Tea Party, “Have you ever read the Quran? I suggest you do so, because anyone that is a Muslim is a threat to this country, and that’s a fact. There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. If they are Muslim they have to follow the Quran. That’s their religion and that’s their doctrine.”

Senator Conrad Burns (Rep - Montana) related a tale about when an old rancher asked Burns how he could live in Washington with so many African-Americans. Burn's reply to that rancher, according to his own story? It's a "hell of a challenge", he replied. In a later incident, while speaking to the Montana Equipment Dealers Association, he decried the dependence of America on Mideast oil. Referring to the Arabs as "ragheads"

A recent study led by Professor Christopher Parker of the University of Washington Institute for the Study of Ethnicity, Race & Sexuality sheds a little more light on the subject. He surveyed people on racial questions and those who believe strongly in the Tea Party movement had significantly more racist attitudes.

*88% said other minorities overcame prejudice and worked their way up, and Blacks should do the same (compared to 70% of all whites).
*72% disagreed that generations of slavery and discrimination have created conditions that make it difficult for blacks to work their way out of the lower class (compared to 58% of all whites).
*83% disagreed that blacks have gotten less than they deserved over the last few years (compared with 72% of all whites).
*73% said if blacks would just try harder they could be just as well off as whites (compared to 56% of all whites).

The above numbers make it clear that although the movement is not 100% racist, it is mostly racist. Between 72% and 88% of the Tea Party hold racist views (that's at least three out of every four people).


http://www.politicalwire.com/archives/2 ... ategy.html
http://newsone.com/1755255/top-10-racis ... s-of-2011/
https://gopquotes.wordpress.com/category/racism/
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ama-again/
http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/ar ... lavery-too
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/059552 ... hdado0e-20
http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/err ... ed-animals
http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2012/07/ ... of-mccain/
http://anotherperspective.org/advoc268.html
http://www.salon.com/2010/05/03/race_and_the_tea_party/
http://jobsanger.blogspot.com/2010/05/t ... acism.html

I could have gone on endlessly, but this gives just the tip of the racist iceberg called the Tea Party . Now, no one is saying that racism is just found on the right, but it is embraced on the Right and used. As I and others have said, we need a honest discussion about race.


One word Frank, OUCH!!  How can anyone deny that the Tea Party is racist after those quotes?
JJ

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 102
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie_B

A recent study led by Professor Christopher Parker of the University of Washington Institute for the Study of Ethnicity, Race & Sexuality sheds a little more light on the subject. He surveyed people on racial questions and those who believe strongly in the Tea Party movement had significantly more racist attitudes.

*88% said other minorities overcame prejudice and worked their way up, and Blacks should do the same (compared to 70% of all whites).
*72% disagreed that generations of slavery and discrimination have created conditions that make it difficult for blacks to work their way out of the lower class (compared to 58% of all whites).
*83% disagreed that blacks have gotten less than they deserved over the last few years (compared with 72% of all whites).
*73% said if blacks would just try harder they could be just as well off as whites (compared to 56% of all whites).

The above numbers make it clear that although the movement is not 100% racist, it is mostly racist. Between 72% and 88% of the Tea Party hold racist views (that's at least three out of every four people).

I've heard they bigots claim that they aren't racists because they have Black friends, one guy even said that I was one of his Black friends.  That was a surprise to me, I asked him when had I been to his home or when had we ever done anything together?  Of course his couldn't answer, but we talk often he protested.  "Yeah, until you say something racially stupid and I walk away!" I replied.  These guys are clueless. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.